Google

Sunday, April 20, 2008

MAC DressCamp Collection

Yeah, I know this thing is sold in like 5 stores across the world, and it sold out online in like two hours, but I thought I'd share the collection with you guys anyway. It's basically just like the MAC website, but with my two cents added. No, I didn't get anything, but a girl can dream...

DressCamp



In collaboration with M·A·C, Toshikazu Iwaya inspires a collection that fans fashion flames. Features hot colour, disco-trash metallics, all wrapped-up in immaculate black, white and gold packaging. Like DressCamp - this is wild.

DressCamp x 4 Face Palette, $36.00



Specially customized rectangular compact in gold-coloured metal featuring the collection’s signature black and white DressCamp pattern, crest and hot pink plaque with a gold M·A·C logo. Contains limited edition Beauty Powder in DressCamp Pink (a blue mid-tone pink with white pearlized pigments), three Eye Shadows; Sunny Girl (a yellow gold), Golden Gold (a deep golden bronze), Trend (a Neutral tan with gold pearlized pigments and compact-sized 213SE application brush. Comes packaged in its own coordinated carton.

I WANT THIS SO BADLY!!!! The colors look gorgeous, the packaging is gorgeous, they better make more and put them online, or else I will be very angry. That's all I have to say.

DressCamp Lipstick in Too Fab, $14.00



Traditional M·A·C Lipstick case featuring the collection’s signature black and white DressCamp pattern with an iconic gold star. Comes packaged in its own coordinated carton. Limited edition.

I'm not really a lipstick person, but I figured since there's only like four items in this collection (bummer), I might as well put everything.

DressCamp Lipglass, $14.00



Traditional M·A·C Lipglass vial shows its DressCamp colours with a cap printed in the collection’s signature black and white DressCamp pattern with an iconic gold star screened directly onto the vial. Comes packaged in its own coordinated carton. Limited edition.

She-Gold, Shade description: Yellow gold with gold pearl (Frost)



Geez, besides the face palette, this was the ONLY thing I wanted from this collection, and it's sold out, too. Come on MAC. Seriously? You have MILLIONS of customers WORLDWIDE, and you sell it in only 5 locations, and only have enough online to last for like two hours? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Ok, I'm sorry, that was a little off topic. Anyhoo, I've never had a gold lipgloss before, and this would have been perfect, but no, I can't have it. Stupid MAC :P

Fashion, Shade description: Bright mid-tone pink with white pearl (Frost)



Bright pink on my lips just looks funny, but this seems like a fun and funky color for those of you can pull it off.

All I can really say is I LOVE the collection, but I am just disappointed with the marketing (if that's the right word to use). Until I get my face palette and lipglass without having to spend like $100 on eBay, I will stay upset :(

(Just a side note, I'm not really that angry, I'm just kinda ranting.)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: