Google

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Drugstore Haul

Sorry! I haven't posted in the longest time, not that it really matters, nobody really reads my blog :(. Just kidding! But anyways, I went to Longs Drugs today and Maybelline products were buy one get one free, so I got two things!

-Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation, $10.00



I really like this stuff! The Kabuki brush it came with sucks, but it's ok because I have my Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki which rocks! I just tap it out of it's sifter thing, stick the brush in there, and then swirl it all over my face to set my Hyper Real foundation. It goes on really evenly and I can't even feel it. You just have to make sure that you don't use too much, and that you blend well. Overall, I really like the product and the packaging, I just think the only bad thing is that it was kind of hard for me to pick a shade. In Hyper Real I'm NC300, and in the Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation I'm Light 5. I don't know if that's right, but when I put it on my face, it blended well, so I think it's ok. I recommend this, since it's cheap and useful.

-Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara, $8.00, but I got it free!



I got this because my Clinique High Impact Mascara could not curl my lashes at all. It gave amazing volume, but the curl was not there, and since my lashes are basically stick straight, that was a big no no. So, I got this thinking it would curl and define my lashes without clumps and make them nice and natural. So far, I like it. It does what it says, which is define your lashes with no clumps, but it's not that amazing at holding a curl. It's doing better than the Clinique one, but I'm still on the fence. I just really need a mascara that will curl until the cows come home. I don't really care about length or volume, even though this mascara gives amazing length. If you just need something natural that will make your lashes longer, this is for you, but I'm still on the search for my HG mascara. I might have to go back to BadGal, but the brush is so huge, and I'm a klutz, and it's just so freaking expensive.

Ok, there's my two cents. And BTW- I got one thing from Naughty Nauticals but I want to go back and get one pigment and a Dazzleglass so when I do, I'll post that stuff. Check back around June, I'll post WAY more in the summer, but right now I'm super busy, so just hang tight!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: