Google

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Review: Stila Covertible Color

So apparently "covertible" isn't a word? Interesting...

Anyways, I thought I'd do a review on this thing, since I've got time and whatnot. Ok weird, "whatnot" is a word, and "covertible" isn't. Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked.

Stila Covertible Color, $24.00



Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves to be irresistible. As seen in In Style's Best Beauty Buys 2008! This versatile favorite brightens cheeks and lips with creamy, translucent color. Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips. The sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. Our two-in-one compact holds the key to easy, monochromatic makeup. A must-have in every stila girl's kit.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Price: 2.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

So this stuff is pretty expensive. Like, a MAC blush is like, what? $17.50. I mean, $24.00?? Seriously? All Stila stuff is not exactly for those on a budget anyway, but still... But pricing aside, I got to say, I like this stuff. I have it in the color, Peony, and it looks like super dark in the pan, but it goes on kinda sheer, and it's like the perfect flush for me. I use a foundation brush to apply these, because they're cream, but I hear a lot of people apply this with their fingers, and that's cool too, whatever floats your boat.
The packaging is totally adorable, it says Stila on the front, and it has flowers, and the best part is the color of the compact is like the color of the blush. So when you're searching through your extensive makeup collection, the exact color you're looking for can be seen from far away. I like that. It also has a mirror on the inside for those of you who enjoy things on-the-go.
I suggest that everybody own at least one of these. I can use it basically everyday, whether it's on its own, or as kind of a base for a powder blush. Oh and you can use it for your lips too, but I think I'll stick to Carmex and Lipglass (just so you know, Carmex = Love/Addiction). I think it's awesome, but hey, that's just my opinion. Go check them out for yourself. Available at sephora.com, Sephora stores, stilacosmetics.com, and basically anywhere that sells Stila (duh).

BTW- Pinkiecharm did a review on this too, and she kinda said the same stuff as me (actually I said the same stuff has her, but whatever), and here's the video if you want to watch it. She does a lot of great reviews, if you love makeup, you should definitely subscribe to her channel.



Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask questions, even if they are in no way, shape, or form related to this subject.

PEACE!

No comments: