Google

Monday, June 23, 2008

So Your Going On Vacation...

Well... long time no update! Since I don't have school, I think my excuse this time will be... how about the 100 degree weather here in San Diego. I'm sweating up a storm!! Just kidding, I don't really sweat (thank goodness), but still, MAN IT'S HOT!!!!! Which I guess is good, because that reminds me that it's summer, and that means VACATIONS!!! So this summer, I'm going to Fort Lauderdale (Florida), Chicago (Illinois), Las Vegas (Nevada), and Cabo (Mexico). Oooh, vacations galore. And of course, along with vacations comes PACKING. And not everybody can bring their whole traincase on vacation, so us girls gotta tone it down. Here's what I bring on vacation, hopefully it will help somebody out there. Enjoy!

Face

Revlon ColorStay Concealer- Being a teenager, concealer is a must have because every time one pimple goes away, another one forms. It's seriously a never ending battle. Concealer helps me conceal my blemishes (duh), and I like this one because it's specifically for pimples and stuff like that. I don't really need undereye concealer, but I'm sure this one can be used for that too.



Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15- Besides the few blemishes on my face, there's nothing really wrong with my skin, so I don't think I'll be needing a real foundation. Tinted moisturizer is perfect because it gives me the slightest amount of color/coverage and it has SPF, so it protects my skin. Plus, this is much easier to travel with than a glass bottle of foundation, like my MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 and I don't exactly need a brush to apply it. AND, I don't have to bring moisturizer, cause it's already one! Damn, so many great things about tinted moisturizer.



Benefit Georgia- It's an amazing blush and all over color. I can't even explain it, but it seriously just makes me glow, and it doesn't even have shimmer. SO much better than bronzer in my opinion. I haven't touched my Too Faced Caribbean In A Compact since my mom gave this to me. Amazing, and it comes with a brush! The only con is that it is kinda bulky, but I'll make room for it.



I guess for those of you who need coverage, you can bring a powder or something, but I don't need it, so that's all for face products. I guess you can also throw Fix+ into your bag, but I really try to be as compact as possible.

Eyes

CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara Waterproof- Mascara is necessary for me, and this one is waterproof, so when I go to the beach or swimming and stuff, it will hold up, instead of making me look like I have a black eye.



Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Zero- Black eyeliner that's smudge proof. Needless to say, this is a must have.



Neutral Eyeshadows- This depends on whatever you have. I'd either bring a MAC Eyeshadow Quad with a bunch of neutrals (Orb, Naked Lunch, Satin Taupe, and Bronze would be my picks) or any other group of neutral eyeshadows. For me, it would be my Stila On-The-Go quad. Whatever you have, as long as it's a lot of shadows in a compact space. Space is key. Plus, who needs to do a bunch of wild looks on vacation? Stick to neutrals.



I'd also throw in a base like Loreal's Decrease or Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Lips

Carmex- This can be replaced by MAC's Lip Conditioner (I believe it has SPF) or just plain old chapstick. Anything to keep your lips moisturized.



MAC Slimshines- It's like a lipgloss and lipstick in one, AND it's slim. MUST HAVE for vacation. I have it in Gentle Simmer, but I seriously need to get more.



In addition, I would bring my Boots No7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Wipes because it removes makeup, cleanses, tones, and moisturizes. Sooo easy, cause then I don't have to bring all these face washes and what not.



Well, that's all I'd bring. I'd probably need brushes too, but I'm too lazy to go into detail about that. You get the idea. I'd store it all in a cute, roomy makeup bag, instead of a traincase, cause those are easier to travel with. I'm sure there's other beauty necessities, like eye creams, primers, and whatever, but I'm just sticking to essentials, cause that's the kinda girl I am. If you have a complicated beauty routine, that's fine, but I just stick to the basics, and it's always worked for me.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Have a great summer!

No comments: