Google

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Coastal Scents Review Part 1

So I just finished washing my Coastal Scents Pink Brushes, and I have to say, I'm kind of dissapointed.

First off, they smell. When I first got the package, I noticed a small odor, but nothing out of the ordinary, so I figured after I washed them, they would smell normal. But, no. After they got wet, they smelled even worse. I cannot describe the smell, but trust me, it isn't pretty.

Second, they did shed. To be honest, the shedding wasn't that bad. A few hairs off the Pink Kabuki, quite a few off the Duo Fiber Stippling Brush, and a few more here and there, but nothing I counldn't handle. I'm not that mad because this was my first time washing them, and I do expect a bit of shedding. Let's just hope the shedding doesn't continue.

Third, the color did bleed. It was pretty bad. My clear shampoo turned black or brown, depending on the brush color. The brushes still have their full color, but it was kind of gross. I hope it's just because this is my first time washing them. On the bright side, the Pink Kabuki Brush didn't bleed, so that's good. Only the eyeshadow and face brushes. Color bleeding isn't really that bad, but if you do get the Coastal Scents brushes, be sure to WASH them BEFORE you USE them.

So, I've got to say, I'm not as impressed as I was when I got them. They're still soft, and they're still retaining their shape, so I guess it's ok. I'll just have to see how they turn out when they dry. I did get my MAC Heirlooms Face Brush set today, and I washed those too, and they did not smell at all, and they did not shed either, so I guess when you buy MAC brushes, you really are paying for the quality, because the brushes I got are only SE (special edition), and they still don't shed, bleed or smell. Oh well, I wasn't expecting much from these brushes anyways, so I still have hope for them.

After these brushes dry, I'll be testing them, completing my review on the Coastal Scents Brushes, and comparing them to the MAC brushes, so stay tuned :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments: