Google

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Coastal Scents Review Part 2

Ok, so I finally got around to using them, and here's a detailed review on each brush!

Pink Kabuki Brush-
This brush is really soft, and dense, and it is really good for buffing on powder. Kabuki brushes can range from $10-$30 and this one was only $4.99 so this is a really amazing deal! I would really recommend this brush. The only other Kabuki Brush I've ever tried is the Bare Escentuals one, and this pink one is probably 100x better.

Pink Angle Blush Brush-
I have the MAC 168 SE, and this brush is almost exactly the same. It's slightly bigger, but not by much. I really like this brush, it's soft and fluffy, and it's great for applying my bronzer or contouring powder. I would also really recommend this brush, even if you already have the 168, because you can never have too many blush brushes.

Pink Blending Fluff Brush-
This brush is really big and fluffy, and I don't really like it. It doesn't seem like it would blend well because it's just so fluffy, that it doesn't retain it's shape, and the bristles just splay out everywhere. I would not recommend getting this brush. All though it is usable, I just don't think it's really that good.

Pink Duo Fiber Powder Stippler-
This brush is SO soft, it's probably softer than the MAC 187, BUT if you want this brush for applying liquid foundation, than do NOT get it. The bristles are just not stiff enough to buff in your foundation, and you will not get that airbrushed look at all. It is just too flimsy to do any buffing. But still, this would be a great powder brush, so if that's all you're going to use it for, then I would definately recommend it. If you're just looking for a foundation Duo Fiber Brush, just get the MAC 187, yes it's a lot of money, but it is definatley worth it. Either that, or wait for the next MAC brush set to come out.

Pink Oval Fluff Shadow Brush-
This brush is really dense, and great for packing on color. It's not super soft, but it's not prickly either. I think for the price, it's a good buy, but overall, there's nothing really special about it.

Pink Round Crease Eye Brush-
Wow, I really love this brush, I think it's perfect for putting in a crease color. The bristles are so densely packed, that it just seems like they're all one unit (if that makes sense). It's perfect for the crease, and even smudging eyeshadow or eyeliner. If you get any brush, I would definately recommend this one.

So that's my brush review. If you've never used MAC or higher end brushes before, then these brushes are probably good enough, but seriously, these are not even comparable to MAC. They're good brushes, and for a good deal, but in they end, they are just not MAC.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions, just leave a comment!

No comments: